If you are looking to advertise on YouTube to promote your service, business or product, our team of specialists can help you through the entire process, from concept to results.
Our digital teams have years of experience in creating and managing video adverts to be placed on YouTube, so whether you are looking for True View, Non-Skippable or Bumper adverts, we can help get your messages and videos seen in a highly targeted and effective way.
This type of marketing is one of the most popular and growing forms of advertising that we deal with and is used by a wide range of industries, this is because it works for different audiences and on any budget.
If you would like more information or a quote, simply drop us a message today and we will be in touch with more information and a free quote for you to consider.
What is YouTube Advertising?
It is basically advertising using promotional video adverts on the hugely popular video website; Youtube.
There a number of different options to consider and they evolve all the time, the most popular forms of Youtube video advertising at the moment are:
- True View adverts - these are the adverts that appear at the start of a searched-for video. As with all adverts they are targetted so your promotional video advert will be seen by people who are likely to have an interest in you, based on their previous search history in Google and Youtube viewing habits.
- Non-skippable ads - these are what they sound like... non-skippable video adverts, which typically appear at the start (but also sometimes mid-way through videos). Again they are targeted to hit pre-determined demographics for maximum return on investment.
- Bumper adverts - these are a more user-friendly version of non-skippable adverts, in that you can skip them after 6 seconds; they are essentially less irritating for the viewer. They typically appear at the end of a video that someone has watched, so they are less intrusive.
For more in-depth information on any of the above video ad options, get in touch today and one of the team will call you back to discuss in more detail.
What Are The Benefits of Advertising on YouTube?
There are a number of benefits. The most obvious benefits are:
- Reach a prospective new audience - your product, service or brand will be presented to a wide and new audience with a video ad created by you and hitting them at a time when they are receptive, either watching at home or on a mobile device. This is unlike other forms of advertising, such as outdoor or a press ad, which can be missed if a potential consumer is focussed on something else.
- Targetted - although reaching new people, these video ads will be targeted to people who are likely to have an interest in what you are offering based on their search history and preferences. This level of targeting is consistent with most strands of digital marketing.
- Cost-effective - in the same way that most forms on online and digital marketing are controllable from a budget perspective, Youtube is as well. This means that if results aren't what you want, you can amend settings to make sure that you are getting the best return on investment.
- Controlled budget - you can choose to spend as much or as little as you want, setting budget control limits means there are no nasty surprises at the end and gives a sense of control and peace of mind.
- Results - it works. Youtube marketing has proven and growing results which is why it is used by such a wide and varied industries from sports advertising to retail marketing and finance.
For more information and a free quote get in touch today.
What Is The Cost of Advertising on YouTube?
Just like any other form of advertising, video ad costs will vary depending, on a range of different factors, these are namely:
- Type of advert - as mentioned above there a number of options to consider (Truevide ad, in-stream ad etc.) therefore the type of video ad and length of your video could impact the cost.
- Length of campaign - how long do you want to run your advertising campaign? Are you looking for something over a few days or something more sustained? Often this will depend on what you are selling and how quickly you are looking to achieve exposure and results.
- Reach - how many people are you looking to reach? The broader and more people you want to reach the more expensive it will be, that said, reaching a wider audience could be beneficial especially if you have a product or service needed by all, or if you are looking to establish a brand.
As mentioned, one of the best components of this form of promotion is that you can control and set a budget, it means it can be used by nearly any size company, from a small sole-trader through to an international company.
A separate cost which will need to be factored in is the production of a high-quality and suitable video ad. You may already have one to use, however, if you need help check out our video production page.
YouTube Paid Video Ads - Things To Consider
As with any form of advertising, if you want to achieve the best results when marketing through YouTube, you will need to focus on your target audience, factors to consider are:
- Viewing habits
- Time of day they may be active on the channel
- Broad Interests
The teams here, specifically the media planners, can help you zone down further on your target audience so that you are targeting the correct people and ultimately giving yourself the best opportunity to achieve a great return on investment.
Request a quote
How to Advertise on YouTube
In the event you are ready to advertise on YouTube and think this is the best option for your company, the following steps outline the simple process:
- Research your target market so you know exactly who you are targeting.
- Produce a video which is going to inform and interest them.
- Contact our teams (alternatively if you need help with steps 1 and 2, contact us before).
- Specify a budget, if you are uncertain of what this should be, we can propose a few different options for you to consider.
- Decide on the channels and the types of adverts you would like to use.
- We will set up the adverts and put them live; running to a time-scale and budget as approved by you.
- Start seeing results!
- We will send regular updates and a final report.
This form of advertising works very well on its own, as it is so highly targeted, but it's fair to say that most forms of advertising benefit from a combination of marketing techniques and teaming with other options to really maximise results. For a full range of options contact the media buying teams and also check out our marketing blog which may help with some tips and ideas.
Frequently Asked Questions
- “We are interested in running Youtube ads in-conjunction with a Google ads campaign we have going. We are unsure of how to get started. Firstly, how long should the video ads be? We have been told to make one at least 30 seconds long? And where will the video ads appear?” In terms of the advert, we suggest 30 seconds long is perfect, anything beyond that and you can start to lose the interest of the viewer. Where they appear will depend on the ad format you choose, you could choose in-stream ads, a trueview ad, discovery ads, or something different. We can drop you an email with a breakdown of the various ad formats so you can choose the best one for people who are interested in your product.
- “We are looking to reach potential customers with Youtube ads, we have advertising campaigns running at the moment which includes press, radio and Google ads, how much would a campaign cost?” The beauty of advertising through videos on Youtube is that you can set a budget. This way you can trial what works for you and adjust the campaign as you go, it’s one of the reasons it’s so popular with budgets and companies of various shapes and sizes.
If you would like more information or to get your video ads seen on the fantastic Youtube platform contact us today. We'll come back with a variety of options to get your product, service or business in front of your target market in the most cost-effective way.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Get in touch